Monday, December 20, 2010

Black Swan


Monday is typically my day off of work and I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to do with part of my day. Before the Price is Right, I sent out a text to a few friends to see who was up to take in a little matinee delight. Sadly, Barf was sick but thankfully Mere was game. The two of us had been talking about going to see Black Swan for quite some time and today was going to be the day.


First off, HOLY SHIT! This has to be one of the best movies I have seen in a very long time. Natalie Portman as Nina Sayers is sure to win just about every best actress award that she will be nominated for. From start to finish, this movie is hauntingly magical and almost didn't want it to end. Can't help but feel extremely troubled for Erica Sayers played by Barbara Hershey of Beaches fame as the terrifyingly dominating single mother. You can feel the anxiety that the character gives to Portman's character the entire movie. I mustn't forget to mention Winona Ryder as the tragic dying swan. Ryder's scene with Portman in the hospital is burned into my brain. HOLY SHIT. This movie sure as hell beat watching that stupid Sandra Bullock movie I caught earlier today on HBO called All About Steve. Now that was a shit show!

No comments:

Post a Comment